Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cheap Decorating for Fall Halloween season



One of my friends grew tons of these little white pumpkins, she gave me a lot so I took a bunch of them and stuck them in this vase with some fake green pears. I know it's not much but it's easy and REAL cheap. Costumes can be real expensive too, so last year Mazi already had a black jumpsuit and I went to "Big Lots" and got cat ears and tail for $6, pinned them on her jumpsuit and then painted her face with some of my black eye liner. $6!!!! Top that!!! :)........... I'll gather some more ideas on how to decorated on a budget for the fall season and for Halloween. It would be awesome If you all can start thinking of some ideas and post them and then if you want to show us some pictures for this post just email them to me at poshonabudget@gmail.com. Thanks 

2 comments:

Auna Leigh said...

I've used Other Mother's costumes. Kind of gross I know, but for something they wear once, it's smart. I've also used felt to make leaf gloves and collar and then bought a little headband for a sunflower. I also made Emme a Tiger Lilly costume, which was real fun (not great work, but it turned out cute. I got real cheap muslim cloth and a little beaded belt. I also made a wig out of black yarn. Super cheap, I think it ended up being $10 by the time I was done. This year Emme wants to be Violet off of Incredibles. She's convinced I can make the costume (but I know I can't!) Ah! Oh well, thanks sis!

Anonymous said...

soooo cute! you should check out my friend Hilarry's blog....she shows her cute idea of glittering pumpkin which is fun for Halloween and Thanksgiving:)