Monday, October 27, 2008

My $15 chair



When we moved into our rental, I was decorating the home and realized I sold to much furniture. AHHHH I was missing a chair. I didn't have enough money to just go out a get a new one. I went to the closest Salvation Army and went shopping. I found this chair for $10 and then went to Wal-Mart and bought $5 worth of heavy canvas.
I'm not very good on the sewing machine, plus it was broken.  So i got  out my Gun.................. glue gun! I started to tear 5X5 squares of fabric and started hot gluing them to the chair and made a patch work design. Then put a skirt around the bottom of it. To add a little funk to it, I tacked one of my old leather belts around the back of it. I didn't hem it, just left it messy looking. I guess you could call it a rustic look :) It took $15 of materials, scissor and a glue gun and 3 hours. It's my favorite chair EVER!!! If you're feeling a little creative go to a 2nd hand store and find something you can make better with a little paint, fabric, oh and some love a patience. If you have any fun cheap Ideas post them. we would love to take a look.

5 comments:

Broncop3t3 said...

Nice chair. Looks comfy.

Angi said...

Cute! the patchwork effect is genius! I never would have thought of that. One of these days you should open a little boutique. (lets just wait till the economy gets a little better) you have great style

The Ross Family Seven said...

I love that chair! It's one of my favorites too!!

Schomaker's said...

LOVE this idea!!! great for photo sessions!

said...

I love what you did with the chair!